About The Film
You Look a Lot Like Me is an educational documentary exploring the insidious social pandemic of domestic violence in the U.S. The film’s carefully woven first-person narratives take us on a journey that reveals the universality of the survivor’s experience, a journey which clearly demonstrates that no one is immune to the far-reaching impacts of domestic abuse.
An array of experts working in the field of domestic violence prevention provide a deeper context to the victims’ stories, while the astounding confession of a convicted abuser compels the audience to examine our preconceived notions about the face of abuse.
5 Points of Interest About You Look a Lot Like Me
- Features a male survivor of domestic violence.
- Includes discussion of domestic violence in the LGBQ/T communities.
- Includes discussion of domestic violence in Native communities.
- Features testimony from a man who participated in a 40-week abuser education program.
- Special Edition DVD features two additional hours of content.
You Look a Lot Like Me is a powerful informational, teaching, and awareness-building tool for:
- Studies in the fields of Domestic Violence, Women’s and Gender Studies, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Counseling and School Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Change, Human Rights and Humanitarian Issues, Primary Care, Nursing, and more…
- Domestic violence programs and coalitions.
- Social service agencies and other organizations focused on women’s and LGBQ/T issues, health, and public policy.
- Those working in the criminal justice system, law enforcement agencies, and prisoner rehabilitation programs.
- Student groups at colleges and universities.
- Mental Health Professionals.
- Government entities and organizations, including the U.S. Armed Forces.
You Look a Lot Like Me is also a valuable addition to public, private, school, and special library collections.
Interested in what professionals are saying about You Look a Lot Like Me? Read the reviews.
Click here to learn how you can bring You Look a Lot Like Me to your classroom, organization, or community event.
Wondering if You Look a Lot Like Me would be a good fit for your program, workshop, or training? Browse our list of Suggested Audiences for the film.
Your Shopping CartYour cart is empty
Please share and stay connected!
- December 30, 2015Comments Off on The Healing Power of Voice: Giving the Gift of Your Voice – Part Three of a Three-Part Series
- November 30, 2015Comments Off on The Healing Power of Voice: Expressing Thanksgiving – Part Two of a Three-Part Series
You Look a lot Like Me is a powerful and informative film on the lived experience of domestic violence. I know of no other film on the topic that better covers the perspectives of diverse clients or better captures the intimate world of those caught in the cycle. I highly recommend You Look a Lot Like Me to anyone wanting to learn more about the reality of relationship violence.Diane R. Gehart, Ph.D.ProfessorCalifornia State University, Northridge
You Look a Lot Like Me uses interwoven personal stories and expert commentary to paint the ugly and gut-wrenching picture that is domestic violence. This film is a must-see for any victim, family member, or professional working in domestic violence. It avoids being trite, is spot on from a practice and scholarly perspective, and has tremendous educational value akin to a three-credit course. You Look a Lot Like Me is the real deal, elegantly told.